Learn how to use Heading Styles within posts and pages in WordPress.
The purpose of this WordPress tutorial is to help you become familiar with:
- How to use the Visual Editor to apply heading styles
- How to use the ‘Show / Hide the kitchen sink’ to view the Advanced formatting toolbar
- How to select heading styles from the Style drop down menu
Headings in WordPress are used to break up posts and pages into manageable bit size chunks. Bloggers use them to make their content easier to read.
Creating a heading in WordPress is as simple as:
- Highlighting the text you want to change into a heading
- Selecting the Heading Style you want to apply from Style drop-down menu in the Advanced formatting toolbar (for most WordPress themes your best option is heading 3)
- Previewing your post to make sure that headings you’ve used has broken your post into manageable chunks